GMAC Reduces Planning Cycle Time by 60%, Increases Net Income
- Multinational, Diversified Financial Services.
- 8X headcount growth in seven years.
- Fifteen-Person Executive Board, decentralized culture.
- Rapid growth resulted in lack of clarity regarding future direction.
- Excellent parent company reputation, regarded as segment leader.
- Strong transaction capability.
- Need for enhanced implementation capabilities and outcomes.
- Focus on development of comprehensive vision statement.
- Broad organizational commitment and support [Executive Sponsorship/Sr. Management Oversight/Cross Functional Project Teams/Access to Subject Matter Experts].
- Unique, deep customer segmentation [Beyond Demographics…The Character of the Customer].
- Comprehensive strategic assessment [3D Strategic Thinking].
- Project Diagnosis.
- Personal Profiling.
- Comprehensive Vision Statement provided a clear view of future direction.
- Major initiatives articulated. Served as a basis for strategic planning and resource allocation.
- Bridge built between Vision Statement and annual financial plan.
- “We needed a clear Vision and a way to achieve it. We are thrilled with the outcome we achieved by working with the Masters Alliance, and are proceeding with the initiatives to help us reach our Vision.”
- Developed comprehensive Vision Statement that provided a clear view of future direction to an organization that had experienced 8X headcount growth in seven years.
- Defined “Gap Closure” initiatives which served as a basis for achieving corporate goals through more effective utilization of project management resources.
- Established new cross-functional customer response/support and business process platforms.
- Reduced annual business planning cycle time by 60%, dramatically improving go-to-market times.
- Net income increased over 10X in 5 years.
“We needed a clear vision and a way to achieve it. We are thrilled with the outcome we achieved by working with Masters Alliance, and are proceeding with the initiatives to help us reach our Vision.”
“I did not think that the Vision, Values, & Operating Principles initiatives would work for our organization. I am amazed and delighted with the success we have enjoyed over the last three years with this strong foundation in place.”